Wednesday, March 3, 2010

so much to say


Hi world!

So much has happened since my last post, but this exciting crazyness has been taking up all my blog time. So here goes, last week our speaker was Kenny Peavy. He was speaking on the kingdom of God as well as worship and it was such a great week. We went to Manuel Antonio beach on Thursday to have a baptism (most of my DTS had only been baptized as babies or not at all). It was so much fun to have the day off classes and just play in the waves. I learned a valuable lesson, never turn your back on the ocean… when I turned around to climb down a piece of rock we were sitting on and watching the ocean and a huge wave went over my head and raked me across the rocks and into the water. I some how managed to come out of all of this with bruises and scratches and without any serious injury (with my sunglasses and bandana still on to boot)! We were just about to start the baptism while I was getting medical attention from nurse Elena (one of my dts staff, so amazing). It was so exciting to walk out into the water with everyone, we all just had so much anticipation and the energy was crazy. I was unsure weather or not to get baptized again (I was baptized at DCC when I was 15), and I mean I can’t just get baptized again whenever I screw up. But I really felt like God wanted me to make that public declaration again and re-commit my life. I’ve been nursing my cuts ever since and I am healing up really quickly, so no worries there. Our class said goodbye to Kenny on Friday after the amazing week of teaching, we were so sad to see him go. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that week of teaching.


about 15 mins. after being carried out of the ocean


all of the people who got baptized!

The weekend was really chill, as I had my turn at weekend work duties (a small team of people take over the normal chores and meal making for the base to give everyone the weekend off of there work duties). It went really well and gave me a chance to take it slow for a weekend and just clean in my pjs (which was nice). I also got my mail this week and saw my video from home! I was just grinning and then crying (with those of you who did) while watching it and I just feel so supported and loved way over here! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

This week we have been doing a lot of outreach prep, learning dramas, kids songs and working on our video; so much fun stuff. Today we had another “giving day” with our DTS class, so bright and early we all sat in a circle on the basketball court and took our turn giving things to bless one another. It was so crazy today, I feel so crazy blessed its ridiculous. Oh so I forgot to mention that at the beach last week I lost my old baptism ring in the ocean, either when getting baptized or when that wave kicked my butt. Today Jaymie took her beautiful ring off her finger and gave it to me; I was an absolute mess (as those who know me could have guessed). Its silver and fits perfectly and says “the LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want” I will treasure it and this day forever. I also was the very grateful recipient of lovely notes, a new creative Bible J, a fudgicle and a t-shirt from Nicaragua (to mark my arrival from Canada to Central America!) I had an amazing day. I think that’s all I have for now. Lots of love from Costa Rica!

No comments:

Post a Comment