Saturday, January 9, 2010

So I've settled in FINALLY

So I've had quite the crazy start! But I love it here! So heres what happened, as my plane was about the land in San Jose on Thursday night, we took back off without touching down because of wind gusts. So I spent the night in Managua, Nicaragua with some fun American girls I met on the plane, in a nice hotel for free! So I made it to San Jose on Friday morning, but because of my flight mix up, I had no luggage and there was no one to pick me up, so after some minor panic and a quick phone call home, I hopped in a taxi and made it to the base safe and sound (my cab driver taught me some basic spanish, he was sooo nice)

travel day

Nicaragua Airport

I got my luggage yesterday afternoon, and before that everyone was really nice and let me borrow clothes and shampoo and such. And nothing was broken or anything :) Here is my nice bed all unpacked and settled...














But thats all for now I've got to go for dinner.
Check out my video of the base, the building is so cool!

A quick tour of the base in San Jose

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is 1000 times cooler than mine! What the heck. The base looks amazing, not to mention beautiful! I love the photo's! Its so sweet to see and here you! Can't stop smiling :)

    ReplyDelete