Monday, January 18, 2010

Things I LOVE about Costa Rica


I am actually overwhelmed by how much I love it here, I knew I wanted to go to Costa Rica even though I didn't really know anything about it here and I had never been before. I hope you enjoy my list of probably fairly random things that I love about here (the YWAM base in San Jose, Costa Rica)
-THE PEOPLE! They are amazing, the staff here is awesome, I showed up with nothing (quite literally) and within minutes I had food, clean clothing to wear and prayers.
-The COFFEE, always delish and there when I need it
-Clean dry clothes off a clothes line in January
-The frosted flakes! They are easily a jillion times better than Canadian frosted flakes (maybe i just never was allowed sugar-y cereal but they are grrrrrreat!)
-Community Environment, I like living somewhere that people respect the space and are all part of taking care of it, we all have our work duties (trabajitos) and are responsible for maintianing some part of the base.
-CLASSES! we are able to learn, share and ask questions (SUCH a different environment from university)
-SPANISH! I came here knowing literally NO Spanish what so ever, but now I am able to understand a lot (all of the classes and main events are bilingual so you hear it a lot) And I am learning how to sing in Spanish to hopefully help out with the music on the base soon!!
-IT IS BEAUTIFUL HERE!!! Everything, all the green plants and pretty flowers, the mountains all around (I am in the Central Valley) and there are very few bugs to my surprise
-There are no screens on the windows, no need! its nice out and the bugs are so minimal! :)

Also some funny weird things about it here:
- the chairs in my classroom are the same chairs as the first 2 rows at DCC (just a different colour)
- my work duty is like the same thing i did at starbucks (seperating out garbage and recycling and tossing it into the proper bins)
- there are more but i just can't think of them right now...

Anyways in short I am really enjoying my time here! :) and I hope to have more pictures up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment