Sunday, February 13, 2011

thanks, i really do appreciate it


As I was thinking about how to not be jaded about Valentines day tomorrow I came across my old "green apron" cards (starbucks thank you cards meant to give to each other on staff) and the kind words from just over a year ago struck a cord. How simple is it to let someone know what you really think about them? That you really and truly appreciate them. We don't often take the time to write those things down, and though it can feel really nerdy at times I am happy to work for a company that encourages this.
I dug out the notes in the front of my Bible as well and read through them. Each one was so thoughtful, so specific, honest and encouraging.
So I guess what I am trying to say is if Valentines day gives you that extra little push to tell someone you care about how you really and truly believe in them and then it just might not be so terrible. So I'm going to do my best not to make gagging noises when I see really lame couples everywhere tomorrow, but instead write a few over-due "this is why I love you" notes. So when those people who I love and hold dear are having a tough time, they can read over and over why they are so appreciated (at least by me).
Much Love,
-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment