Thursday, February 24, 2011

revelation in a kids movie

Okay so I know this is lame, I'm fully aware. BUT as some of you may know I did not grow up in church, that being said I fully choose to believe what I do. By fully I mean my family would most likely prefer that I not be Christian, I make life (especially holidays) awkward, just by being me. So when I'm at church and an old hymn starts and everyone (but a few other "first generation christians") knows it, I'm left feeling a little less than smart. Same goes for old testament Bible stories that "everybody" knows, I've been known to nod and smile and google it when I get home.

So when I was away and one of our speakers was going to play a veggie tales movie, I didn't know what to think, the only veggie tales I had ever known was from babysitting, and teaching sunday school. But I kid you not when I say this movie for children helped change my perspective. If you have the time (about 13 mins) please watch part 1 & part 2. Its all about your identity in God. And it warms my heart.

I hope this means something to somebody :)
-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment